Saluton Charles :)

Charles Campbell <c...@nasa.gov> dixit:
> Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
>> Blind shot, from ":help syntax":
>>
>> :syntax sync fromstart
>> :syntax syng minlines=<number big enough>
> Essentially Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado's

Not even I would wrote my full name, way too tiring for the fingers XD

> help is referring to the same solution as my succinct one (although
> that "syn syng..." was also meant to be "syn sync ...").

Oops! Thanks for pointing :)))

> Both of these solutions are slower than the default synchronization;
> syn sync fromstart will likely always be the slowest or, at best,
> equal to the other.  The simple reason: it causes syntax checking for
> all lines.   This method yields the most correct synchronization at
> the price of a certain lack of speed.

The problem I see with ":syn sync minlines" is that with very big files
(and the OP was talking about a file that was almost 2MB) is very
difficult to find the correct value for "minlines". If one has to work a
lot on that file, probably finding a proper value for "minlines" is
worth the effort. Otherwise I would use "fromstart", although it is kind
of an exaggeration. On the other hand, knowing the number of lines in
the file is more or less easy to make an educated guess about the proper
value for "minlines", which is going to be better in performance terms.