> I will (try to) cross-compile vim for my CentiPad.
> CanriPad is a AT91RM9200-Atmel microcontroller computer
> in hand-size. It runs linux. I will try to cross as
> less as possible additionl stuff and libs for it,
> so that the build image does not get too bloated.
> BUT I will try to put as much features in vim as possible.

I think the biggest tip would be to take a look at what features
you use least/most and exclude/include them.  Using "vim
--version" from the command-line or ":ver" within Vim, you can
see the multitude of knobs that you can twiddle.  For me, I know
I'd exclude all the embedded interpreters  (Python, Ruby, Perl,
Scheme, etc), any international stuff (-arabic -rightleft
-gettext -farsi -inconv -hangul_input -keymap -langmap
-multi_byte* and perhaps -digraphs), mouse stuff, balloon
evaluation, -signs, -profile, -cryptv, -cscope, -emacs_tags,
-float, and if it won't have a GUI, exclude all the GUI stuff
(clipboard, dialog_gui, GUI_*, etc).  If my environment supports
its own terminals, I'd exclude builtin_terms too.  Additionally,
I don't use printing/hardcopy much (only on my Win32 machine at
work), so I'd skip those too.

You can get a good idea at

   :help +feature-list

as there's a key that tells you whether items are (T)iny,
(S)mall, (N)ormal, (B)ig, or (H)uge.  If you want to cut fat,
attack the Big/Huge items first.  Most of my list came from issuing

   :help +feature-list
   :set hls
   :/^[NH].*

to highlight the biggest offenders.  You can also comb through
the list for other things you just don't care about and nuke them
as well.

-tim