On 15/07/09 08:12, Thomas Adam wrote:

> 2009/7/15 oren_a<oren.amit...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> I've recently installed centos and it seems that gvim (version 7.1)
>> works much slower than it used to work on the redhat version
>
> Can you be more specific?   What is it you're using gvim to do that
> might make it seems slow?
>
> -- Thomas Adam

In any case, Vim 7.1 is getting outdated fast: the current patchlevel is
7.2.234 (meaning 7.2 plus 234 bugfixes). I recommend that you compile a
"fresh" version after reading the following:

1) http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/version7.html#version-7.2 will
tell you how Vim 7.2 differs from 7.1
2) http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/README will show you a
one-line summary of every patch to Vim 7.2
3) My HowTo page
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm describes (in
as much detail as I could think of) how I compile Vim on Linux. For
other Unix-like OSes the procedure is similar.

It may or meay not cure your sluggishness but it will certainly fix
other problems; also, doing so will allow you to include or exclude
whatever features you want to, tailoring Vim to your own needs.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
"Dear Mr. Seldes:  I cannot remember the exact wording of the statement
to which you allude; but what I meant was that ... a man who calls