On Aug 26, 9:57 am, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 26/08/09 06:09, Magnus ... wrote:
> > I've been working with case manipulation (~ for example) on
> > international characters, such as (áéíóú, and þæð). This works on my
> > Windows GVim, but on the Linux server account I have access, to these
> > characters seem to be unaffected by the same commands.
>
> On my Linux gvim 7.2.245 with Huge features [this worked fine]
> See also
>         :help :language
>         :help v:ctype
>         :help 'casemap'
>         :help :version

The above, specifically ":language" put me on the right track - it
replied "command not supported in this version". I was using vim-
normal, and it turns out that case-manipulation of international
characters is not "normal enough" to be included in that version. I
recompiled to use vim-huge, and now it works like a charm.

Thanks!

Magnus

Turns out vim-normal