On 31/08/09 01:44, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Linda W<v...@tlinx.org>  wrote:
>>

>> Suggesting [programmatically, :-) ]:
>>
>> When (vimoption(number) == true)) {
>>   when ("one uses text autoformat" (aka 'gqap')) {
>>      setlocal tw=disp_width'(dflt==0)) /' - nuw'(vimdflt=4,compat=8) /'
>>   }
>> }
>>
>> ?
>> Linda
>
> That hard-wraps text to the size of your xterm. What happens if you
> resize your xterm, as I simulated while
> writing this post? Should we wrap diff-
> erent regions of the document to diff-
> erent sizes?
>
> --Ken

At present, when 'textwidth' is zero, gq{motion} (where {motion} can be
a motion or an object) formats to min([&tw, 79])

I'm not convinced that 'textwidth' should change permanently without my
say-so as a side-effect of gq{motion}; but maybe that's not what you mean?

Sorry, I don't get you, Linda. I suggest you try to use plain English
rather than pseudocode, even (or maybe especially) if it means being
more verbose.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.