On Sep 28, 4:06 pm, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:
> Hi Peng!
>
> On Mo, 28 Sep 2009, Peng Yu wrote:
>
> > On Sep 28, 3:08 pm, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:
> > >lsofcan probably help.
>
> > I don't have this command on my system. Also, I don't have root
> > permission and my system administrator will not install any software.
> > So I have to compile from source. Do you know where I can download the
> > source code and compile it? My system is CentOS.
>
> Seehttp://people.freebsd.org/~abe/for the source. An alternative
> could be using find on your /proc directory, something along the lines
> of
> find -L /proc -name '*filename*' 2>/dev/null

The download file from the above webpage is of size zero. The download
provided by the following webpage also give me a zero size file.
What's wrong with them?

http://freshmeat.net/projects/lsof

> or may be even better, if you know that vim is using that file you can
> probably figure it out using ps:
>
> ps -fC vim

This does tell me which file is opened. But it doesn't tell me which
directory the file is in? Is there a way to list the working
directories of all vim sessions?

Regards,
Peng