On Sun, November 15, 2009 9:19 pm, Matteo Riva wrote:
> I would like to set up a vim environment for basic HTML edit to be used
> by someone else.  For this I'd like to set up a quick reference bar to
> be shown on top of the window with things like "<F1> <br /> | <F2> <hr
> />" and so on.  Can this be done?

Are you using Tabs? If not, you could make the tabline option display
your 'help' like this:

set guioptions-=e " disable GUI Tabs
set stal=2        " always display the tabline
let &tabline='<F1> <br />|<F2> <hr/>|<F3> <foobar>'

But this is a rather hacky approach. Probably your other options are way
better.

regards,
Christian
--