On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 2:35 PM, epanda <callingel...@hotmail.fr> wrote:

> The pb with dbext is the connection.
> When I choose from dbext menu , 6's choice , my root and password
> entered, connection fails.

Don't give up on dbext without asking for help.
I am the author/maintainer of the plugin and am happy to help.

> Do I need another client application to connect to my db ?

As mentioned, you do not need Perl to use dbext.

In your case, what you do need to do is install a mysql client on your machine.
Connect mysql to your database and if you can do that from a command
line, then dbext can do it as well.  It is as simple as that.

If you can come up with a mysql command line, I can show you how to
configure dbext to produce the same thing (if you are having
problems).

Dave