Hi,
I'd like to create a syntax file for PyKE
(http://pyke.sourceforge.net). It is based on Python, but it also has
its own syntax so using the Python syntax file would not work.

I followed a guide on the vim tips wiki* and I managed to create
highlight keywords, some special variables and comments. To match the
strings I copied from the python syntax file, since they are the same.

What I don't really understand is how to link function names or such
things to a color group. I mean, at the end of my syntax file I put a
serie of lines like these:

hi def link krbFcKeywords               Statement
hi def link pythonString                Constant

Now, what is the right group for functions or classes?
Looking in the python syntax file I don't see any of these lines, so I
think it works differently.
I read that I can create new groups, so I think I can write this:

hi def link pykeFunction    Function

But then, how is the new group going to work with a colorscheme?

* http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_your_own_syntax_files