On 13/11/09 17:33, Andreas Kreienbuehl wrote:

> by the way, how do i use this patch? simply copy past the content in my vimrc?
>
> thanks so much!

Not at all; you have to apply it to the C source of the Vim program,
then recompile. This means:

1. get the unpatched C source for Vim 7.2
2. get and apply the (more than 300) official patches (there are three
recap patches, one for each full hundred; apply either the recap patch
or the hundred individual ones but not both)
3. get and apply the unofficial patch in question. The patch program may
warn you about applying the patch at a different line number than
foreseen, this is normal.
4. get the latest runtime files
5. decide which compile-time options you want to include and exclude
6. compile
7. install

There are CVS and git repositories for the full patched source but I
don't know how to use them; it doesn't prevent me from compiling Vim
(with all official patches and a different unofficial one, the one about
extra float functions).

The whole process is described at length in my HowTo pages (except step
3, but it is very similar to step 2):
- for Windows: http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm
- for [UL]*x: http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm

Best regards,
Tony.
--
There are also a lot of nice buildings in Haiphong.  What their
contributions are to the war effort I don't know, but the desire to