> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 7:08 AM, John Beckett <johnb.beck...@gmail.com>wrote:

No, there is no easy way to download all tips. If you had
>> access, you could read the hard ways here (one of the methods is
>> easy if you have a Linux system with MediaWiki installed):
>> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki:Community_Portal
>

>  mediawiki... I will try it under windows, thanks.
>
> Sorry, but there's not much we can do. The tips are in wikitext,
>> and you need a system with MediaWiki for display.
>>
>> John

Downloading tips

There is no good way to download all tips because:

   - Any download will become out of date when tips are improved on the
   wiki.
   - Tips are stored as "wikitext" which can be downloaded but is not
   intended for reading.
   - There is no simple procedure to obtain files with a clean html version
   of each tip.
   - Links in downloaded files will not work.

A tool like wget <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/wget> can be used to download
the wikitext for individual tips. For example, the following creates file
1.wik containing the wikitext for The super
star<http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/The_super_star>
:

wget -O 1.wik "http://vim.wikia.com/index.php?action=raw&title=The_super_star";

Wikia periodically creates database dumps with a snapshot of the entire Vim
Tips wiki in xml format. Each dump contains all tips, templates, user pages,
talk pages, and more. Image files and deleted pages are not included. Two
dumps (gz <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/gzip> compressed files) are
available:

   - pages_current.xml.gz �C The most-recent revision of each page.
   - pages_full.xml.gz �C All revisions of each page.

Links to download each file are at the bottom of
Special:Statistics<http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Statistics>.
In November 2009, the current dump is under 2MB (expands to 7MB), and the
full dump is 6MB (expands to 67MB). If
MediaWiki<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki> is
installed (on Linux), either dump can be imported so you have a local web
server that displays the html for all Vim tips, with working links.
=> I'll try this, thanks for the link,  you've already done a great job!

--
Regards, Isaac. (李霆钧)