Bram Moolenaar wrote:

Matt Wozniski wrote:

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

Sean Ma wrote:

I used to have this simple command to build my own gVim.exe (cygwin
independent) for Windows:

vim123() Â  Â { cd /usr/share/vim&&  svn co
https://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/vim7
&&  cd vim7/src&&  make -f Make_cyg.mak; }

However, I found error after downloading cygwin 1.7:

A Â  Â vim7/README_lang.txt
A Â  Â vim7/runtime.info
Checked out revision 1711.
mkdir -p gobj
gcc -c -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -freg-struct-return -fno-strength-
reduce -DWIN32 -DHAVE_PATHDEF -DFEAT_BIG -DWINVER=0x0400 -
D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400 -DDYNAMIC_GETTEXT -DDYNAMIC_ICONV -DFEAT_MBYTE -
DFEAT_MBYTE_IME -DDYNAMIC_IME -DFEAT_CSCOPE -DFEAT_NETBEANS_INTG -
DFEAT_GUI_W32 -DFEAT_CLIPBOARD -march=i386 -Iproto -s -mno-cygwin
buffer.c -o gobj/buffer.o
gcc: The -mno-cygwin flag has been removed; use a mingw-targeted cross-
compiler.

make: *** [gobj/buffer.o] Error 1

Any idea?

I think this tells you to use the MingW compiler instead of the Cygwin
one. Â The MingW compiler is for building native MS-Windows apps, without
the Cygwin runtime. Â I though the -mno-cygwin argument had the same
intention. Â Perhaps they removed support for that to simplify
maintenance of the compiler.

Yes, it has been removed - not just for simpler maintenance, but also
because it was impossible to make it work properly in certain edge
cases.

How widespread is this version of Cygwin?  If more than 50% then we
should make the default for USEDLL "yes".  The current default is "no".

User can use gcc-3 for -mno-cygwin at this time.

I thought Make_cyg.mak is mainly for building native windows
version of gvim on the cygwin.  Because I can build cygwin version
of gvim by running just 'configure && make'.  Don't need such a
specific makefile.

Maybe Make_cyg.mak can check cygwin-1.7 and use gcc-3?

cygver17 := $(shell cygcheck -c cygwin | grep '^cygwin' | grep '[[:space:]]1\.7\.')
ifneq ($(cygver17),)
    CC=gcc-3
    CXX=g++-3
endif

BTW, I *GUESS* 'gcc-3' will be removed after mingw-targeted
cross-compiler for cygwin-1.7 is comming out.  I remember
someone mentioning it several times on cygwin mailing list.
Maybe my memory is corrupted, though...

regards,
namsh