Hi Gary!

On Mo, 18 Jan 2010, Gary Bickford wrote:

> In other cases, when one either screwed up on a big change and wanted
> to go back to just before the change, you could replay the transcript
> to just before the big change, step forward and back one change at a
> time, then stop the replay and continue on a new editing path.

Try the undo_tags plugin:
> The amusing part was that you could watch as the editor replayed your
> actions at an accelerated speed.  I don't recall that the speed was
> adjustable, but that would be useful.

Amusing, indeed ;) Try this:

fu! <sid>HistReplay()
    earlier 99999

    redir =>last
    silent undolist
    redir end

    let last=split(split(last, '\n')[-1])[0]
    let current=0
    while  current<=last
    normal g+
    redraw
    sleep 100ms
    let current+=1
    endw
    echo "Finished"
endfu

:com! -nargs=0 ReplayChanges :call <sid>HistReplay()

regards,
Christian
79. All of your most erotic dreams have a scrollbar at the right side.