On Jan 19, 4:18 am, Yosi Izaq <izaq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two gvim 7.2 installs on my machine. One for cygwin and another
> for windows. I recently noticed that the windows gvim is actually
> _vimrc file.
> How come?

Vim will always source the .vimrc (or _vimrc) that is in your HOME
directory. Apparently you either have an environment variable HOME
set, or you placed your .vimrc in the same place that Windows looks
for HOME. You can determine the setting of HOME by doing ":echo $HOME"
from within Vim.

> and how can I fix that?

As Gary suggests, make sure your .vimrc works on both Windows and
cygwin, possibly by sourcing the Windows-only vimrc or a Cygwin-only
vimrc depending on platform.

I find it nicer to use the SAME configuration for both platforms, and
just separate out stuff that shouldn't be common within the vimrc
itself.