Christian Brabandt wrote:
Hi Brett!

[...]

My understanding is that this caveat applies to :insert generally, not
only to :insert within a :global command. Note, however, that I get
errors for the :global usage even when it does not appear within one
of those constructs. Were you saying that you do as well?

I think, You would need :set cpo+=C for this to work properly. But I still couldn't get it to work. And the statement above confirms that.

Ok. Thanks. I'm inclined to think it must be a bug. Perhaps Bram will weigh in...

Sincerely,
Brett Stahlman

regards,
Christian