On 12/02/10 6:44 AM, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
If I have two windows open, and one of them is a 'help' buffer, closing
the other buffer exits the program.  I would like to get this same
behavior with the 'Results' buffer from the dbext extension.  (i.e.
while editing an SQL file and running some queries from within, if I
then do ':q' or 'ZZ', the whole program should exit.)

I suggest setting this up as a scratch buffer

:setl bt=nofile

(For other options you might consider, see :help special-buffers)

and putting an autocommand in it to close it when it is the only window
left:

:au <buffer> WinEnter * if len(tabpagebuflist()) == 1 | q | endif

It might work well enough. There are definitely some edge cases that
might not do what you want, though, e.g. :only from within the results
window.

Ben.