Thanks a lot, you are very helpful. This works great apart from the
little quirk that it will show the entire command command line in the
popup menu, i.e. it doesn't show only the tag I want to complete, but
instead it show all tags that have been entered so far. But I think I
can live with that.

> Not sure if there is an easier solution for that problem.

Actually before I looked into the command-completion I used input#List
from your tlib to achieve the same thing. I really liked that solution
but the problem was that there seemed to be no easy way to select
multiple terms. I know you can press '#' to select multiple entries
from the list, but the behaviour I would have liked would have been
the following:

you start typing a few characters
when you have typed enough characters to that only one item is
matched, the item is highlighted (at the moment once this happens the
list will automatically return the value)
instead of returning automatically, the user can then either press
return to confirm the selection, or the user can press space to
highlight an additional item from the list etc.

if you think this would be doable (I haven't looked at the tlib code
yet) would you accept a patch to add an additional mode to tlib input
list that supports this behaviour? I might give it a shot then because
apart from this little issue, it would be the perfect match for my
needs.

Cheers