Dotan Cohen 写道:
Depending on what I am editing, I sometimes prefer a fixed-width font
and other times a proportional font. My previous editor, Kate (KDE
Advanced Text Editor) lets the user change the font on the fly. Can
VIM do this, or is playing with the config file (thus requiring a
restart) the only way?

Thanks in advance!

If you're using konsole then your current editor is konsole, not vim. So you should tell konsole how to change the font.

When you run vim inside konsole, it is possible to change font size of konsole by some konsole-specific escape-codes which can be sent inside vim script, you can check it in KDE forum. This is only available in konsole, not with other terminal applications.

If you use gnu screen, this may not be much useful, since vim now run inside gnu screen instead of konsole, and we had no control over konsole.