Are there any vim plugins that allow "smart" coloring of log files?

I tried using ccze, colorize and severeal other utilities made
specifically to color code log files making trend spotting easier. But
I am so used to vim commands that it would be nice if I could somehow
keep using vim.

My vim already colors some stuff in logs but not as usefully as a log-
file-colorizer. e.g. they usually red-alert every "error" message
etc.

Are there any such plugins for vim? Alternatively can I somehow use
ccze etc. as an external program and then feed the colored output into
vim? That way I can still use my familiar search and navigation
keystrokes from vim but yet get the advantage of better color
highlighting.

I tried dumping output of ccze into a file and then opening it with
vim but that fails. ccze etc. seem to inject the terminal control
codes for color and vim leaves those untouched.

--
Rahul