On Mar 7, 9:37 pm, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 07/03/10 20:25, Olivier Gu ry wrote:
> > Last, I realy miss a proportionnal font. Whatever one say, a clean
> > proportionnal font, with ligatures, is great for writing. If gvim
> > could use pango or wathever I ll be realy happy ! (I saw that it s
> > possible on emacs-gui, but I realy prefer the ergonomi in vim).
> > Nothing s never perfect !
>
> Actually, on X11 systems, gvim with GTK2 GUI does use Pango, but it
> still uses a fixed-size character cell. GTK2 gvim will allow you to set
> any installed font as 'guifont', but proportional fonts look ugly then,
> because in the fixed-size cell, thin characters such as l look lonely
> and fat one such as m look cramped or even clipped.

Ok. I don’t know anything about programming ! I’ve just read that it’s
pango that’s used for texts in gtk. And found it doing a realy great
job (utf, liga, etc.).
programming usage of vim and the may we move in the text. It sound
logical to me.
But for huge « dense » text, proportionnal will be beter.
Do you think there’s a chance for the dev to made use able to use
I don’t want bother devs with that since it must be one of the huge
FAQ they get ;)

Regards,
Olivier.