Hello,

:cd /usr/include/
:e xorg/shadow.h
:e /usr/include/xorg/site.h

it names buffers as "xorg/shadow.h" and "/usr/include/xorg/site.h".

:cd .

now buffers are "xorg/shadow.h" and "xorg/site.h".

:e /usr/include/xorg/site.h

nothing changed.

Is this a bug?

If it names buffers according to given file path, why it didn't do this with
:e the second time, after the buffer name changed due to cd? Actually why
does it rename them when cwd not changed? Or why it didn't consider cwd the
first time?

Gosh, can I force it always name buffers with respect to cwd? Although I
would like a native vim solution, I suppose I could do it with some autocmd,
but what if a script relies on the same autocmd?

Thanks.

--
Aarto