On Tuesday 04 May 2010 11:46:46 am Ben Fritz wrote:

> On May 3, 11:13 pm, BC <bruce.armstr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I thought the question was how to swap the line above the
> > current line with the one below it, without changing the
> > current line. I'd like to know how to do that, without
> > affecting the registers.
>
> Just curious...in what sorts of cases is such a command
>  actually useful?

who knows

while it in fact is what the OP asked, his command of the english
language is sufficiently weak that i think what he meant to ask
was answered by tim quite elegantly -- i had 'ddp'  and 'ddkP'
mappings i have now modified to use the unamed register freeing
':m+' and ':m-2' commands

it's hard to know for sure what Peng meant when he doesn't repost
to his own thread -- i thought he meant what tim thought too, and
the mappings are so useful i have them on F8 and S-F8

sc