raf wrote:

> hi,
>
> i've just got a new macbookpro with macosx-10.6.3 and have
> noticed that when running vim in an xterm (even via ssh
> onto a remote machine), the left and right arrow keys behave
> like shift left and right arrow keys moving a word at a
> time instead of a character at a time. i keep having
> to get out of insert mode to use the h and l keys.
>
> has anyone else seen this behaviour or know what might
> be causing it? it's probably a terminfo thing but the
> arrow keys work fine in the shell. i've only seen this
> behaviour in vim (i.e. not in nano).
>
> the versions of vim i'm using range from 7.0.122 to 7.2.436.
>
> when i type <Ctrl-V><Left> and <Ctrl-V><Right> i get the
> expected strings (i.e. "<Esc>OD" and "<Esc>OC", respectively)
>
> cheers,
> raf

also, reverse video doesn't happen in xterm when selecting
text with v, V or Ctrl-V in an xterm running vim locally.
the reverse video does work when running vim remotely over
ssh in an xterm. has anyone else seen that behaviour?

with a local vim, i can select text with the mouse and have
the selected itext in reverse video but only when mouse= not
when mouse=a which is my normal setting.