Hello,

I've just released a first version of a generic refactoring suite for Vim.
   http://code.google.com/p/lh-vim/wiki/lhRefactor

Today the following refactorings are supported:
- extract variable (on v_CTRL-X_v)
- extract type (on v_CTRL-X-t)
- and extract function (on v_CTRL-X_f)

This version mainly focuses on the languages I'm working with on a daily basis,
i.e. C++ (and by extension C), and VimL. However, it can be extended quite
easily to other languages -- some customizations are also provided for Pascal
(I've an interactive extract function), bash and perl. Plenty examples are
available in the source code, and in the documentation.

This suite requires the following:
- lh-vim-lib v2.2.0: my library of VimL functions
- and lh-map-tools v1.0.0: my bracketing system, or more precisely the
placeholder subsystem.

Future developments are likely to:
- Propose a simple way to use mu-template from a hook, and exchange variables
with it.
- Propose other refactorings (I have a few ideas regarding a "move class
methods around", "extract interfaces", etc based on the ":Override" feature
I've already implemented in lh-cpp).
- Have "extract function" determine automagically the parameters of the
extracted function.
- And may be to provide customized hooks for other languages (don't hesitate to
participate).

Enjoy, and of course comments are welcomed.

--
Luc Hermitte
http://lh-vim.googlecode.com/