Hello,

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:55:13AM -0700, Brett Stahlman wrote:
> To support all possible permutations of 8 fg colors, 8 bg colors, and
> bold/underline/italic requires well over 3000 regions. Txtfmt supports
> a configuration (disabled by default for performance reasons), which
> adds standout, reverse and undercurl attributes to the mix. Just
> adding those 3 attributes increases the number of regions required to
> over 28000!

Hmm, I think we're approaching this problem from the wrong end of the stack.

The cleanest solution is probably going to come in form of a patch, and not in
vimscript.

If you're curious as to how the "intermingling" of regions
> is handled (without loss of orthogonality), you can check out the
> Define_syntax function within syntax/txtfmt.vim.

Wow, great job on this one. I've used it to pretty much do the work for me.

I initially thought that what I was trying to do was obscure to the point where
not even vim_use could help me. ;)

> Sincerely,
> Brett Stahlman

Thanks alot, Brett