On Jul 4, 10:48 am, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 04/07/10 15:33, at wrote:
>
> > There's some keybinding in the latex-suite plugin that I occasionally
> > hit when I am typing quickly. The problem is it I can't figure out
> > what it is since it only happens when I slur my key strokes. And there
> > are a lot of keybindings in that plugin. Any suggestions on how to
> > track this down so I can remap it? I checked :help history but it
> > tells me:
>
> > "- Only commands that are typed are remembered.  Ones that completely
> > come from
> >    mappings are not put in the history. "
>
> > So it seems that's not the way to approach it.
>
> Well, even if you slur your keystrokes, maybe you can remember in which
> general area your fingers were? For instance, on a QWERTY, QWERTZ or
> AZERTY keyboard, ot would take a far leap of the mind to imagine a key
> slur from the letter l to the digit one. Also, you probably know whether
> you were in Normal or Insert mode.
>
> So, you can try, one by one, all keys which were in the vicinity of your
> fingers, let's say (for Insert mode)
>
>         :verbose map! u
>         :verbose map! i
>         :verbose map! o
>         :verbose map! j
>         :verbose map! k
>         :verbose map! l
>
> (for Normal mode, omit the exclamation mark). Don't forget the keys for
> punctuation marks. Then each time, Vim will give you *all* mappings
> starting with that character, and where they were defined (or else, it
> may tell you "No mapping found"). And if you have no success with
> mappings, try abbreviations too.
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> Ass, n.:
>         The masculine of "lass".

That's helpful thanks I'll try that. It's some combination of shift
and/or space and some letter or bracket I think  and definitely in
insert mode. (latex suite has a lot of those types of insert mode
bindings. Actually, maybe I should double check that. The
documentation for latex suite is a bit lacking so its hard to tell.)
Part of the problem is it only happens to me once in a while and
obviously I'm not sure how to replicate it.