On 10/07/10 23:19, Danning Ai wrote:
Aha!

I had the following line:

let colors_name = 'danningcolors'

instead of 'dan-xterm'.

I didn't realize that the colors_name was significant, but changing it
did the trick.  Making the colors_name the same as the file name made
it work as expected.

Strange that doing it 'by hand' didn't have the same effect, but now
that I know how it works, I think I'm all set.

Thanks,
     -Dan

Doing it by hand, you would do it after Vim has finished starting up, and presumably it doesn't need to reload your colorscheme.

When Vim sets syntax highlighting on, it checks the colors_name variable to see if a colorscheme has been loaded. If that variable doesn't exist, Vim loads the default colours. Otherwise, it loads the first colorscheme it finds with that name.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
BROTHER MAYNARD: Armaments Chapter Two Verses Nine to Twenty One.
ANOTHER MONK: And St. Attila raised his hand grenade up on high saying "O