Hi all,

I've searched old indenting posts but not yet found the answer I seek
to this one.
When I'm editing code and press enter, it maintains my indent level as
it adds a new line.
If I press escape, it removes that whitespace, presumably to avoid
having lines with nothing but whitespace - and that's great.  But when
I want to recommence coding on that blank line, I'd like an easy way
of regaining the indentation it had before I pressed escape.
My first thought was to try added Shift-A to cinkeys, so it would
reindent the line before appending do it - but I couldn't get this to
work.
I could write a mapping I imagine, to check if the line is empty, and
if so delete it and go to the end of the previous line and 'press
enter' - but I figured vim might have a better solution.

Any tips?

My config is
:set cinkeys? autoindent? smartindent? indentexpr? cindent?
cinkeys=0{,-},0),:,!^F,o,O,e
autoindent
nosmartindent
indentexpr=