On 7/22/2010 9:45 PM, dwierenga wrote:

> I like the idea of Vim supporting the dotfile-notation, but until it
> does you can try a Windows symlink.  The more recent versions of
> Windows (Vista, 7)
---
        That's half the problem.  I have one XP client.
The other half is directory clutter.  The whole point of using dotfiles was
to hide visual clutter  (some non unix users, like the transmissions devs
thought that dotfiles also meant that programs weren't suppose to process
them...
was like extracting teeth to explain to them that dotfiles were only meant
to hide things from casual file browsing .. NOT programs!...ARG...I
ended up wasting all my time trying to convince them of how things things
were that I got no useful work done.  Dealing with teen and 20-something devs
who know it all who have been made project leads is a recipe for disaster).

> support the "mklink" command in a cmd.exe prompt
> (not in Powershell, at least without some effort), which is the
> equivalent of the unix "ln -s" command.
----
        Other than the above problems, Sure!  (*sigh*)