Stahlman Family wrote:

Xell Liu wrote:
Hi all,

For example, when I want to search all letters and digits (i.e. all
[:alnum:] ) except the two letters "a" and "b" (without quotes), how
should I do that instead of stupidly enumerating all the characters I
want?

The real question I want to ask is:
1. The items I want to include in search are too many to enumerate
them manually, like [\x00-\xff];
2. The items I want to exclude are very few;
What's the simplest way to write the search regular expression?

You can use concats.

Sorry. The correct term was "branch", not concat...

Brett Stahlman