On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:

> Pan Shizhu wrote:
>  > We need a Big icon for Windows 7.
> >
> > During the Vim 7.3 development, Windows 7 releases, in Windows 7
> > desktop we can choose small Icon, normal Icon, and big Icon.
> >
> > The Icon for Vim 7.3 works for Normal Icon and Small Icon, but when I
> > choose Big icon on Windows 7 desktop, it still shows a Normal Icon.
> >
> > Now it is time to give Vim 7.3 Windows Installer a Big Icon. Thanks.
>
> OK, so can someone tell me how to do that?  How big is a Big Icon?

256x256, which then gets scaled automatically by Vista and Windows 7. 24-bit
color. More 3D.
* http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511280.aspx
* http://www.axialis.com/tutorials/tutorial-vistaicons.html

<http://www.axialis.com/tutorials/tutorial-vistaicons.html>Perhaps we could
use the icon from MacVim as a starting point?
--
/George V. Reilly  geo...@reilly.org  Twitter: @georgevreilly
http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog  http://blogs.cozi.com/tech