Hi Tony!

On So, 15 Aug 2010, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> Well, not everybody has the same wants and needs. There are already
> quite a lot of plugins that come with Vim. Why should I download an
> additional enormous package (a single tarball with the whole lot of
> vim.org scripts maybe?) of which I'll use only a percent or two? (and
> the next guy will use a _different_ percent or two of it, etc.)

At a starting point one could package the top 10 best rated or most
downloaded plugins. And as long as each plugin has to be enabled
separately, I don't see a problem, if you use only a percent or two.

> IMHO it's better to have a collection of optional scripts, among which
> everyone may pick and choose.

Something like this as a collection of packages would be nice. I think
Debians vim-addon-manager does something like this and I think there a
more plugin manager available.

regards,
Christian
--