On 2010/8/16 7:40, Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:
On Aug 14, 2010, at 7:16 AM, H Xu wrote:
I recommend the python syntax file add highlighting
for the word "self". Thank you.
Why?

There is nothing special about the word "self".
It is *not* a Python keyword.

You could call that parameter "this" if you wanted.
Use of "self" is just a common established practice, but it is not a part of
the language syntax specification.

If you prefer to have it highlighted you can always make your own customized
file.

        Zvezdan

Hello Zvezdan,

My opinion is that syntax highlighting is not only for keyword. You may
notice that in C language "NULL" is not a keyword, it has been colored.

Regards,
Hong Xu
2010/8/16