On 08/15/2010 11:27 PM, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
Hi,

  after surfing the web for python related help for vim
  I found several sites with different versions of "the best
  way" to handle python files in vim.

  There is one thing (besides other others, which I
  have't figured out yet ;) ) which I want to fix:

  Regardless how deep the level of indentation is --
  as soon as I press '#' to comment something, the
  curor jumps to column 0 and forget all indentation
  levels which were valid just before entering the
  '#'.

  Since I use to comment my code....

  Is there any way to circumvent this problem ...
  may be to fix it for shell scripts in one
  turn too?

  Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
  Best regards,
  mcc

I really recommend using NERDCommenter script instead. However
there is also a fix for manual commenting, add:

inoremap # x^H#

to .vimrc, where ^H is inserted by pressing ctrl-v and then backspace.

   -ak

--
 Python plugins for vim: outliner, todo list, project manager, calendar,
 expenses tracker, sortable table, and more |