Hi, all.

Yesterday I download and install the new Vim version 7.3 and I started facing
some kind of problem when typing accent characters like single quote, double
quote, tilde, back tick and circunflex. The problem seams randomly because I
didn't get how is the logical sequence yet.

I am using Windows XP SP3 and my LANG environment variable is setted as
'en_US' (my Windows is in English) but my locale on Windows is Brazilian
Portuguese. I use a US international keyboard layout so to type those
characters I need two keystrokes: ("<Space>) for the double quote,
('<Space>) for single quote, (~<Space>) for tilde, (`<Space>) for back tick
and (^<Space>) for circunflex.

To me it seams that Vim/gVim is expecting some accented character after the
accent and completly ignoring the <space> key. I saw that after the <space> if
I type any other key except the <backspace> the accent character is printed.
For example, if I type the following sequence:

"<Space>" - the output is: ""

"<Space><Backspace><space><Space>a - the output is:  รค

So the accent is kept in the imput buffer until another key is pressed. But
spaces and backspaces are ignored.

What I tried to do was chaging my vimrc and gvimrc to not load any of my
mappings or functions. No effect. I also try loading vim without any plugin
using the command line -u NONE. Also no effect.

Some one has an idea about what is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro Antonello