Hi,

I wonder if there a way to access the last command even if it comes from
mapping. Vim help says I can't:

": Contains the most recent executed command-line.  Example: Use
 "@:" to repeat the previous command-line command.
The command-line is only stored in this register when at least
 one character of it was typed.  Thus it remains unchanged if
the command was completely from a mapping.

I have a mapping that enables the command mode and prints a command there,
so I only need to press enter to execute it. The command doesn't get saved
into ": register because I didn't type a single character, fair enough.
However if I move the cursor with left or right arrow then it counts as
typing and the command get saved. Eh? Any ideas how can I overcome that
bug/limitation and access the last command no matter where it comes from?

--
Aarto