Roy Fulbright wrote:
I am using Vim 7.3 on Windows Vista. The following scenario worked in Vim 7.2, but does not work in Vim 7.3:

While editing a file, I enter the following command - :s/a/b/
I then enter a colon (:) and press the up and down arrows to view and select any previous commands I have entered.

While editing a file, I enter the following search - /abc
I then enter a slash (/) and press the up and down arrows to view and select any previous searches I have entered.

What option(s) must be set to restore the ability to view previous commands and searches?

Vim 7.3 hasn't changed this feature. So I'll ask some questions about your setup:

1) where did you put your _vimrc (or .vimrc)? You do have one? It should be in the $HOME directory (fire up vim, :echo $HOME)
2) does your _vimrc/.vimrc  have a   set nocp  in it?
3) are you talking about search history/command history generated during one session with vim, or with multiple sessions? If the latter, check into :help viminfo and make sure that you have the viminfo option set 4) do your problems with search/command history also occur when you start up vim with vim -u NONE -N ?

Well, that'll be a start.

Regards,
Chip Campbell