Ben Fritz wrote on 23-8-2010 17:42:

On Aug 23, 3:02 am, Jeri Raye <jeri.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
gvim 7.2.0 (offical release aug 2008) and 7.3 (just relaesed) give boths
-ruby when I asked it with: "vim --version"

Yes, but at least the gvim 7.3 installer I grabbed from vim.org has
"+ruby/dyn" which means it has ruby support, you just need Ruby
installed to a place Vim can find it and Vim will use the existing
installation rather than including its own.

I have it now working with the vim without cream but with ruby support.
I have installed also ruby 187
And the development kit 3.4.5.

Many thanks for all the help, as always.

Rgds,
Jeri