Hi Gary!

On Do, 09 Sep 2010, Gary Johnson wrote:

> On 2010-09-09, Cesar Romani wrote:
> > On 08/09/2010 11:46 a.m., sandeep kapse wrote:
> > > Thanks for reply.
> > >
> > > I know these thing.
> > > Actually I need the shift width size of 4.
> > > I don't want to change again and again
> > > while processing text.
> > > May time I need to move set of line to the left or right just by one
> > > place.
> > > Is there other way of doing the thing other than changing shift width ?
> > >
> > > Thanks and Regards,
> > > Sandeep Kapse
> >
> > Visual select and do :left 1
>
> That will cause all selected lines to start at column 2.

Well, you could use :left <C-R>=indent('.')ą1 to move around plus or
minus one column (where <C-R> is a literal Ctrl+R) or use an exe
command:
:exe "left" indent('.')ą1 to move the lines 1 or minus one cell.

Ok, this is a lot to type, so one might to map it.

(Didn't think about :left myself)

regards,
Christian