Using vim 7.2 Huge version with GTK2 GUI on Ubuntu 10.04

I'd like to make use of ~/.vim/ftplugin/php/php.vim - that is, the
php.vim that is included in the `piv' package. There is much to
recommend it, however, the following characters: ({["' are remapped
in php.vim and they interfere with my own imapping.

I can go into that file and remove the inoremap statements, but that
seems kind of crude (to me). Can anyway recommend a more
'professional' or 'vimish' way to do so?

thanks
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web.com or akwebsoft.com