Reply to message «Re: bash + vim color background bug»,
sent 00:31:07 19 October 2010, Tuesday
by Sung Pae:

> Do you have `defbce on' in your screenrc? (background-color-erase)
>
> Your $TERM should be set to `screen-{16,256}color-bce' and you should also
> have the corresponding term{cap,info} entry.
No, and setting this option in running screen (with `bce on') makes the
following change: if I type `tty<CR>' after I exit vim, I get altered
background
color only on the `tty' and the following `/dev/pts/N' text. If this option is
on, I get altered background on the whole two lines (including blank space
after
the text). TERM is set to `screen-256color' (without bce), setting it to
`screen-256color-bce' does not invoke any visible changes. Terminfo entries do
exist.

// By the way, why are you asking me? I experience this problem only if I launch
// vim from the non-interactive shell while I normally use interactive mode. The
// issue is probably related to what shells in interactive mode do before they
// show the prompt and not related to the terminal settings.