On 19/10/10 08:09, binxter wrote:
I recently installed Python 3.1.2 on my system as well as gvim7.3.
When I launch gvim and type the command :version I see +python/dyn as
well as +python3/dyn

However, when I run
:python3 print('hi')

I receive the following error:
E370: Could not load library python31.dll
E263: Sorry, this command is disabled, the Python library could not be
loaded.

I did a system wide search for python31.dll and found it in C:\Windows
\System32

I'm obviously missing something. Where does vim look for the dll when
running :python3 commands. Any help with this would be greatly
appreciated.

I have a similar problem on unbuntu linux (32bit) I have +python/dyn +python3/dyn in the version output but when I try to use them like

:python3 print('hi')
I get

E448: Could not load library function PySys_SetArgv
E263: Sorry, this command is disabled, the Python library could not be loaded.

and the same for python earlier than 3