On Dec 12, 10:15 pm, Matteo Riva <mura...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I add:
>
>   let perl_fold = 1
>
> in ~/.vimrc it works fine, foldmethod is set to syntax and subs are
> folded.
> If I put that line in ~/.vim/ftplugin/perl.vim instead, subs are not
> folded and foldmethod is set to manual, but even if I add
> "set foldmethod=syntax" to ftplugin/perl.vim subs are still not folded.
> I also tried in /after/ but same result.
>
> Why does it only work when set from ~/.vimrc?

Don't know, sorry.  I added that to ~/.vim/ftplugin/perl.vim and it
worked.  I suggest consulting the output of :scriptnames after you
edit a perl file, checking that ~/.vim/ftplugin/perl.vim is in the
list, and checking every file after it in the list.

If it's not in the list, check your runtimepath option.

Regards, John