On 01/30/11 14:26, Adam wrote:
What you want is to enter the ^A literally which can be done
by prefixing it with control+V:

Oh sorry yeah that's what I did do (^V^A) I guess I left it
out.  When you do that it appears that it's only incrementing
by 1 though instead of the prefix that you give it (16 in this
case)

Good then, just wanted to make sure you weren't being surprised by the behavior...I just tested it with a simple file with rows of numbers and it worked with the [count] prefix:

  :g/^\d/norm 16^A

(with the ^A as described). I also tested against the OP's data and it worked for me.

Additionally, in my test case (with numbers on each line), you can just use the :norm command with the range as detailed at

  :help :normal-range

and just issue

  :%norm 16^A

(if any lines shouldn't be incremented, using a smarter :g command would be better)

-tim