Thanks for all of the suggestions. The default gvim works great so far. I
found out you have to save the file as .cpp before it will do syntax
highlighting. It even indents things for me too.

The only problem I have now is with MinGW. I installed it, and it works
great, but the process that I am going through is a bit tedious in order to
compile. There must be a better way than this...

Copy .cpp file to "C:\MinGW\bin"
Open cmd
cd "C:\MinGW\bin"
g++ helloworld.cpp -o helloworld.exe
helloworld.exe

Is there some way to drag and drop compile, or better yet type a command in
gvim to compile? I would like to do this without installing a bunch of
plugins.

One more thing. The program runs fine, but I am getting a warning is this
okay?

C:\MinGW\bin>g++ helloworld.cpp -o helloworld.exe
Info: resolving std::cout  by linking to __imp___ZSt4cout (auto-import)
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
warning: a
uto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import specified on
the c
ommand line.
This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing
symbols
 from auto-imported DLLs.