Hi,

first of all: My interest and/or question, which let me post here, is
neither intended as the initial spark for a flame war nor as anything
_against_ someone or something. May be it is a kind of "exploring the
psychology of the vim human". And: English isn't my mothers tongue --
anything sounding harsh, badly or negatively results only from this --
it is by far NOT my intention!

The start of all this was the observation, that there are many
editors out there, which are rated differently and often on a
scale from totally bad to fantastic. Every kind of review result
seems to exist.

But with vim it seems (at least to me) a little different: Either
you hate it or you love it and will not touch anything else your whole
life long (I am exeggerating only a _little_ bit ;)  )

The reason for this observation -- the polarization into mainly two groups
of people -- seems not only based on the properties of vim alone.

I think (read: "I dont know for sure...") that there is a certain kind
of perception of text and/or handling of text by vim people, which
matches perfextly the way of text usage and presentation by vim itsself.

May be I am totally wrong here -- so please understand this as a
big question mark ... I am just only driven by curiosity.

Is there a certain perception of text and text handling by vim people
which may be distintive different from people who definetly dont like
vim?

And again: May question does not indent to judge over "the better way
of the perception of text"  !!!

Is there a kind of vim psychology??? ;)

I am interested in answers as I am interested in questions... :)

Best regards,
mcc