Ben Schmidt wrote:
> It's annoying that it should get copied from Firefox at all,
> though. I wonder if that's a problem we can address on the
> Wiki, as it's going to cause a lot of users really confusing
> problems if when they copy+paste code it has a bunch of
> invisible things causing errors!

I think we are talking about this tip:
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Refresh_Firefox_%28preserving_scroll%29_on_Vim_save,_using_MozRepl

There is only one character in the wikitext of that tip that is
not printable ASCII, and that is an en dash (not in the "Code
from .vimrc" section).

I don't think the problem is anything to do with the wiki.

On the wiki, I use ' ' on the rare occasions when trailing
spaces are required because I like to remove junk whitespace,
and the ' ' shows that the trailing space is intentional.
An example of that is in the text "iab abtest " at:
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Multi-line_abbreviations

When I copy that trailing space I get hex 20 (a space, not a
nonbreaking space).

We also sometimes use ' ' in commands that we don't want to
wrap. For example, see text "can be abbreviated as :set so=5":
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Keep_your_cursor_centered_vertically_on_the_screen

The wikitext for the command is ":set so=5" but on systems
I have tried, the space copies as hex 20.

John