On 17/03/11 16:52, JaredPar wrote:
On Mar 17, 8:45 am, Tony Mechelynck<antoine.mechely...@gmail.com>
wrote:
language-mappings are only effective when keymaps are active (i.e.
'iminsert' set to 1). To toggle it, use Ctrl+^ in Insert or Command-line
mode; to toggle it in Normal mode you can use

         :let&imi = !&imi

which may, of course, be mapped to a key.

I took a look at the documentation and it only refers to 'iminsert'
affecting insert-mode behavior.  In this case I'm in command mode
doing an incremental search.  I can't determine how these are
related.

Also even if this is disabled I'm confused as to why incremental
search would fall back on command mode mappings.

'iminsert', keymaps, and language-mappings affect:
- everything in Insert mode
- search strings entered in ? or / command-line mode
- replace letters, argument of r in Normal mode
- search letters, argument of f F t T in Normal mode
etc., in short anything which can be expected to be in the language of your editfile and not in the language of "commands to Vim".

And in addition, they can be toggled on and off, e.g. after

        :%s/

you will probably toggle them in, and toggle them out before typing the flags (if any) at the end of that substitute command; similarly when typing a single- or double-quoted string in "edittext language" in an expression.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them that
Benjamin Franklin said it first.