I'm playing around with https://github.com/MarcWeber/snipmate. I
installed it using https://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-manager.
Very cool so far!

Couple of questions:

1. If default placeholder text is left alone, a subsequent TAB key
destroys it! Is this expected behavior? Is there any way to just
*leave* the default placeholder text?

Here's a specific example. Say I'm editing C source code, and I use
the "for" snippet. I change "count" to 10. Cool so far. Then I hit TAB
and the cursor jumps back to "i". Great, that's just what I want! But
then I hit TAB again, and "i" disappears. Huh. The only way I can
figure to work around this is by hitting the right arrow on my
keyboard at the "i" tabstop. Ugh.

2. the {VISUAL} placeholder doesn't work for me at all... the text
isn't preserved. Maybe related to my first question?