On 09/04/11 03:48, Eric Weir wrote:

On Apr 8, 2011, at 8:50 PM, John Little wrote:

On Apr 9, 3:08 am, Eric Weir<eew...@bellsouth.net>  wrote:
In addition to my other handicap -- not being a programmer -- I'm old.

IMO, and IME, it's the opposite: being young is a handicap for
learning to use a decent text editor.  Young people get spoon-fed with
brain-dead ways of doing things very early and often are very
reluctant to unlearn those ways, especially generation Y.  Hats off to
those that do.

I have no experience of generation Y, that I know of anyway. From the
beginning, I've been pretty stubborn about getting computers and applications
to work in ways that make sense for me. Maybe I'm younger than them?

Or maybe they are metaphorically still not out of kindergarten. A grown-up is expected to be able to learn and understand things that pass way over the head of mere babies.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

Best regards,
Tony.
--
H. L. Mencken suffers from the hallucination that he is H. L.
Mencken -- there is no cure for a disease of that magnitude.